Industrial Expert (INDEX)
Industry 4.0 or Smart Industry is identified as the 4th industrial revolution, which is about the means of automation and data exchange in manufacturing technologies, which includes facets such as cyber-physical systems, internet-of-things (IoT), big data and analytics, artificial intelligence (AI), sensor technology, augmented reality, additive manufacturing, simulation, horizontal and vertical system integration, autonomous robots as well as cloud computing.
It serves a role to help integrate and combine intelligent machines, human actors, physical objects, manufacturing lines and processes across organizational stages to build new types of technical data, systems and high agility value chains.
In this EU-funded Erasmus+ project the NanoBio research group collaborates with 7 other European partners from Germany, Poland, Romania, and Italy. The objective of this project is to develop advanced training courses for professionals on Industry 4.0, which is also known as Smart Industry. The course will be developed as an online MOOC-type course in OpenEDX.
More information can be found on the project's website: https://industrialexpert.eu/
Other partners are:
- INTAMT, International Academy of Management and Technology (Düsseldorf, D)
- IFAC, National Research Council, (Florence, IT)
- ASEV, Empolese Valdelsa Spa Development Agency, (Empoli, IT)
- University of Lodz, Faculty of Management (Lodz, PL)
- University Politehnica of Bucharest (Bucharest, RO)
- Düsseldorf University of Applied Sciences (Düsseldorf, D)